Friday 22 December 2017

French Indian War Campaign - Game 6

Approximately halfway through the French Indian War campaign has the British retiring after their attempt to isolate the fort failed. Following this victory the French decide to take the opportunity and  launched an attack on the northern most British force.


Game 6 used the recently modified rules. One of the things I like about campaigns is they keep me  focussed and playing a series of game as I work out the kinks in my house rules. In most cases I end up with a workable set of rules I enjoy playing.

French forces take up position.
British forces move forward.
In the centre French forces push forward.
On their left flank the British light infantry advance was held up by unit of Indians.
On the other (right) flank British forces push forward, only to be countered by French units with support from nearby artillery.
The French centre attack pushes forward.
The French centre attack proved successful and British forces retire.

Another victory for the French which now presents them with the opportunity to push British forces back to their starting positions.

4 comments:

  1. Encouraging for the French to get a sustained taste of success. Can these early successes be sustained in a long campaign?

    Developing a solid, working set of rules you enjoy is the main purpose of this exercise, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beside giving a narrative to my games. A campaign helps to focus me on playing a good number of games to thoroughly test the rules. Otherwise, I have a tendency to jump into something new and have a half completed rules. The challenge for me now is to give the French Indian rules a different feel to AWI games.

      Delete
  2. Uhoh, the way this is going at the moment, I better start brushing up on my French!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a reversal in fortunes from the opening games.

      Delete