Sunday 17 September 2017

WW2 games, Napoleonic painting, and a fellow bloggers contest.

One of the blogs I enjoy reading and following the photos of painting progress is Palouse Wargaming Journal. Jonathan has been posting on his blog for 5 years now and is having a contest to celebrate the 5 years, closing 22nd September. The link is below: http://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/five-years-before-screen.html
In addition to just blogging Jonathan actively comments and supports other bloggers. So I am very happy to publicise this contest.

While much of my weekend has been spent working in the garden. I have been able to complete one unit of French infantry with a bicorne hat and have another just waiting for the base to be flocked. They are made from surplus ACW Spencer Smith figures and using a pose that is similar to their other Napoleonic figures.

Green stuff used to create the bicorne hats 
A comparison to some other Napoleonic miniatures
A close up of the finished figures from the front
On the gaming front I am still playing some WW2 games using the Tank on Tank boardgames rules modified for the tabletop. I plan to list down and post the handful of amendments I use later this week.
German preparing to defend
More German defenders
Allied forces advance


4 comments:

  1. Even with duties in the garden, your hobby table is busy!
    I appreciate your mention of my contest. I have not seen you officially enter by commenting on the post. Do you want your name added into the drawing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Just added a comment to your blog.

      Delete
  2. Peter, I do like your basing with infantry combined with vehicles on the same base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Norm. I started basing them that way because I was playing with OHW rules and a unit is represented on one stand. It was convenient to just represent motorised/mechanised infantry that way. For the most part it works and I like the look, unless you want to show destroyed vehicles.

    ReplyDelete