Thursday 7 September 2017

A bit of WW2 gaming

Having recently completed my 19th Century campaign. I now find myself at a loose end and flitting a bit between games. For a bit of fun I thought I would try and take the WW2 "Tank on Tank" board game rules and apply them to the tabletop.

Tank on Tank is a light tactical game produced by Lock 'n' Load here. If you are interested there is an excellent write up on the game in the blog Battlefields ad Warriors. The rules themselves are available for download.

A game of Tank on Tank
I basically took the rules as is and used 6 inches movement for each hex move or range in the rules. These rules are designed for quick and fun games and that certainly turned out to be the case with my first game.

I am planning to play a few more games and make one of two minor changes to try and bring infantry more into the game. Such as smoke to help provide cover as they are very vulnerable when not in cover. Not really surprising in a game called Tank on Tank.

Another view of the game




6 comments:

  1. An attratice set-up. What size table were you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My table is 6 foot by 4 foot. I find it a comfortable size to reach over to move units and measure distances when not using grid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so. Yet you make it looks as though there's plenty of room! 6x4 being the largest playing surface I have available, I am always interested in seeing what others make of the limited space.

      Delete
    2. I used to overload my table with units, but now I try and select armies for a 4x4 table and then play on a 6x4.

      Delete
  3. Peter, nice table and a good conversion measurement I think for 1/72. Also, thanks for the shout. Norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The figures are 1/72. The ranges have worked well. When infantry advance after combat I allow a 9 inch move if they have successfully eliminated a unit during combat.

      Delete