Friday 23 December 2016

A lack of time to focus on wargaming

A few days ago I took a break from both my Hundred Year War (HYW) and American War of Independence (AWI) tabletop gaming. It has actually been quite a while since I played a game from the AWI campaign. This is mainly due to switching most of my efforts to completing my HYW models and terrain before Christmas. I will be returning to the AWI campaign after all the festivities are over and life settles back to normality again.

I am looking forward to some more of this after Christmas
That being said I did get a couple of quick SciFi games last weekend. I have been tinkering with the rules (again) trying to get a quicker game which will last for only 30-45 minutes. The rules are geared towards units and ideally I would like to have all the figures based on larger bases rather than based individually. So for the moment I just clump the figures closely together, terrain permitting, and I may try and create some bases to slot the figures into should my rules ever become settled. It will also speed up the movement part of the game, which is something I am really liking about the other periods I play which all have biggish bases.

A quick encounter SciFi game using my W40K

During the Christmas holiday any free time I get will be used to update my AWI rules. There are a multitude of notes and changes I have made during the course of the campaign so far. So here is an excuse for another AWI photo taken from a game about a month ago.

American forces line up for battle


11 comments:

  1. Never need an excuse to post another game photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter- Those peter laing figures AWI look as good as ever- much enjoyment from viewing the 15mm. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KEV, Yes, there is something very pleasing about them. Nice to see your blog is back up and running. Regards, Peter

      Delete
    2. Thanks Peter- Pleased to be back!-glad you like the progress on the Tinkerton Blog. Keep up the good work there! Regards. KEV.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for a very interesting year of blogging, I agree about having multi figures per base for tactical, to give a team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling of not having enough time all too well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately there is light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers Peter

      Delete
  5. Great pictures and nice looking games anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy the painting for figures and terrain as much as I do the playing of games.

      Delete