Wednesday 5 July 2017

French Indian War paining progress

Only a few more plastic Spencer Smith SYW units to paint before I finish my French Indian War project. Most of the figures are Spencer Smith, but there also a number of plastic AWI Connoisseur Figures (I think) which I will also paint up, enough for another 3 to 4 units. They are a fraction smaller in size, but will look fine providing I don't base the two makes of models together in a unit.

A couple of figures yet to be painted and the size difference between Connoisseur and  Spencer Smith figures
In the last couple of days I have begun getting a few of the completed units on to the tabletop to start trying out some rule ideas. At the moment the rules are a jumbled set of notes and crossed out notes, but the gaming has been fun with the new miniatures.

Notepad ready to jot down some rules 
British units ready for a game supported by artillery
French units lined up



4 comments:

  1. Nice pics, great looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am pleased on how the units have turned out given the individual figures are very simply painted.

      Delete
  2. Piles of notes and crossed out notes; I know the situation well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Into my third test game now and rules are beginning to settle down.

      Delete