Tuesday 16 February 2016

WW2 One Hour Wargaming

As I have completed 90% or more of my WW2 miniatures I though I'd try out a game. At the same time I was trying out some rules based on the WW2 rules from One-Hour Wargames (Neil Thomas). No surprise here if you have read this blog previously. However, in the rules I have chosen a combat mechanism "more chaos" from John's Wargame Page post titled "A modification…or two…of 1 Hour Wargames". With this mechanism units are eliminated after 3 hits and between 1 and 3 dice are rolled depending on the combat situation.

Here are a couple of pictures of a test game in progress. The scenery is for 15mm miniatures as I am yet to produce any scenery for 20mm.
Early Stages of a WW2 Game
The rules cater for the following unit types: Infantry, Motorised Infantry, Armoured Infantry, Light Reconnaissance, Armoured Reconnaissance, Tanks, Anti-Tank Guns, Self-Propelled Anti-Tank Guns, Mortars, Artillery and Self-Propelled Artillery.


Movement uses movement sticks
British forces advance


No comments:

Post a Comment