Saturday 10 October 2015

15mm WW1 Rolls Royce Armoured Car

Having rebased and painted the few remaining unpainted WW1 (Peter Laing) German miniatures over the last couple of weeks, I've been adding one of two scratch built vehicles. I don't spend too much time on them, I mainly aim to get the look without too much accuracy or detail. This week I added a Rolls Royce Armoured car and some pillboxes.
Scratch Built British Armoured Car
The pillboxes got a tryout in a game using scenario 4, take the high ground, from Neil Thomas's book One Hour Wargames.

Pillboxes help defend a hill

British Forces start their advance on the hill
I may add a few new items to my WW1 models for specific games, but the number of units suits my war-game table size (6'x4'). I am also out of Peter Laing British and German models. There are 3 or 4 French infantry units to paint to add some variety and I need a few more terrain pieces may be required, another bridge comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment